This bowl of goodness blends Thai and Japanese flavours into a bowl of hearty noodle soup. It’s a delicious way to warm tummies on a cold winter’s day!
- 1/4 cup (75g) yellow or red curry paste
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillets
- 180g ramen noodles
- 125g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into long matchsticks
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 4 spring onions, cut into long matchsticks
Heat a large saucepan over high heat. Add the curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 30 secs or until aromatic. Add the stock and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Add the chicken to the pan. Cook, turning occasionally, for 15 mins or until chicken is just cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a heatproof bowl. Set aside for 10 mins to cool slightly.
Use 2 forks to coarsely shred the chicken. Return to the pan with noodles and corn. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 mins or until noodles and corn are tender. Remove from heat. Add lime juice, sugar and fish sauce. Season. Divide among serving bowls. Top with carrot, snow pea and spring onion.
TIP: Serve with fried shallots, chopped roasted peanuts, lime wedges and coriander leaves.