Indulge in a delicious stew made in just 10 mins, with French onion soup mix, Moroccan seasoning and microwave spuds.
- 400g pkt butter herb microwave potatoes
- 200g button mushrooms
- 150g green beans
- 4 beef eye fillet steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs, plus extra sprigs, to serve
- 1 fresh continental parsley sprig
- 20g butter
- 40g pkt Continental French Onion Simmer Soup mix
- 250ml (1 cup) beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Crème fraîche, to serve
Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Fill a small saucepan with water, place over high heat and bring to the boil.
While the pan and water heat up, cook the potatoes in microwave following packet directions. Halve mushrooms and trim beans.
Season both sides of steaks. Add the oil and steaks to the frying pan. Cook for 2 minutes then turn over. Add mushrooms and thyme. Cook, stirring mushrooms occasionally, for 3 minutes or until starts to brown. Transfer steaks to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
Meanwhile, place the beans in the saucepan of boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain. Halve the potatoes and finely chop the parsley.
Add butter and soup mix to the frying pan. Stir to combine. Gradually add stock. Cook for 1 minute or until thickens and comes to the boil. Stir in Worcestershire. Toss in potatoes until combined. Add steaks. Turn to coat.
TIP: Top with beans, parsley, extra thyme and crème fraîche. Serve.
- Recipe: Publication: Taste Magazine Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: Guy Bailey and Guy Bailey