You won’t believe how easy these chocolate pudding pie jars are to make! With a buttery graham cracker crust, a smooth, rich, and intensely chocolate-y homemade pudding, and a crown of fluffy real whipped cream, you’ll never go back to store-bought after tasting this from-scratch recipe!
For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 3 graham crackers or digestive biscuits
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Chocolate Pudding
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips (I used a combination of milk chocolate and semi-sweet)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping
- 3/4 cups heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- chocolate curls for garnish*
Process the graham crackers in a food processor or mini-chopper until fine.
Add the melted butter and toss together.
Place about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture in each of the bottoms of six 4-ounce jars.
Place the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small pot and whisk to combine.
Gradually pour in the milk, while whisking.
Stir in the cream and add the butter.
Heat over medium-high heat, whisking, until the mixture thickens and comes to a bubble.
Turn off the heat and stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla extract.
Spoon the pudding into the prepared jars, and top with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
RECIPE BY: Website and Images by Baking a Moment