Looking for the perfect warming sweet treat for after dinner?
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dutch cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- Double cream or ice-cream, to serve
- Gluten-free chocolate sauce, to serve
Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl.
Make a well in the centre and add the egg, milk and oil. Use electric beaters to beat until well combined.
Spoon into a 435ml (1 3/4 cup) mug. Spoon the Nutella into the centre. Microwave on High/1000watts/100% for 70 seconds or until risen. Top with double cream or ice-cream and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
Tip: For a non gluten-free version, use regular self-raising flour and reduce the cooking time to 60 seconds.
Recipe by: Publication: Taste.com.au Author: Michelle Southan Image credit: Nigel Lough