This speedy stir-fry is full of fabulous Asian flavours.
- 2 cups (400g) medium-grain rice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 500g pork mince
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Chinese rice wine (shaohsing)(see note) or dry sherry
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) char siu sauce (see note)
- 2 tbs dark soy sauce
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, blanched
- 1/2 cup (75g) unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely shredded
Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or large frypan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger, and stir-fry for 5 seconds or until fragrant. Add the pork and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until no longer pink. Add the wine, brown sugar and char siu and dark soy sauces, and toss to combine. Add the broccolini and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes or until the broccolini is just tender.
Serve with rice and garnish with chopped peanuts and shredded chilli.
TIP: Chinese rice wine (shaohsing) and char siu sauce is available from Asian Village Supermarket located on level 2.
Recipe by: Author: Valli Little & Warren Mendes Image credit: Jeremy Simons Publication: Taste.com.au