Crumbled fetta, flaked almonds and fresh lebanese bread add a delicious Moroccan spin to this tender beef casserole.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 750g Coles Australian Beef Chuck Casserole Steak, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 cinnamon stick or quill
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) beef stock
- 1/3 cup (55g) currants
- 1kg sweet potato, peeled, cut into 4cm pieces
- 75g fetta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Lebanese bread, to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook one-third of the beef, turning, for 3 mins or until browned all over. Transfer to the bowl of a 20-cup (5L) capacity slow cooker. Repeat with remaining beef.
Add the onion, ginger, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, tomato, stock, currants and sweet potato to the beef in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6 hours, or until beef is very tender.
Spoon the beef mixture into serving bowls. Sprinkle with fetta, almonds and coriander. Serve with lime wedges and Lebanese bread.
Recipe by: Publication: Coles and Taste