For an easy one-pan dinner, try this creamy salmon, risoni and zucchini bake.
- 305g (11/2 cups) dried risoni pasta
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
- 160ml (2/3 cup) pouring cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 180g skinless boneless salmon fillets
- 2 zucchini, trimmed, peeled into ribbons
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, slightly thawed
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Lemon slices, to serve
Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan forced. Spread the risoni evenly over the base of a 5cm-deep, 20 x 30cm baking dish. Add the stock, cream and lemon rind and stir to combine. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon, top side down, for 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
Carefully remove the foil from the baking dish (beware of steam escaping). Stir the risoni and place the salmon, cooked side up, on top, pressing gently into the risoni. Arrange the zucchini, asparagus and peas around the salmon. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
Scatter with the shallot and mint leaves and serve with lemon slices.
Recipe by: Author: Tracy Rutherford Image credit: Andy Lewis Publication: Taste.com.au