Vegetarian Curry aka this Creamy chickpea and vegetable curry boasts 7 serves of vegetables, slow cooked to perfection. Enjoy for dinner tonight and savour leftovers for lunch later in the week.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry paste
- 1 cup Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 400ml can light coconut cream
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1kg pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 small cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 300g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 4 naan bread, warmed
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add stock. Bring to a simmer. Transfer to slow cooker.
Add coconut cream, capsicum and pumpkin to slow cooker. Season. Cover. Cook on high for 1 hour 30 minutes (or low for 3 hours). Add cauliflower and tomato. Cook for 15 minutes. Add beans and chickpeas. Cook for a further 30 minutes or until beans are just tender.
Combine cucumber, coriander and yogurt in a bowl. Serve remaining curry with naan bread, yogurt mixture and extra coriander.
TIP: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Recipe by: Author: Gemma Luongo Image credit: Guy Bailey & Andrew Young Publication: Super Food Ideas and Taste.com