Family favourite beef stroganoff gets a chicken twist and is all cooked in the one tray so there’s less washing up – hooray!
- 8 small chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 middle bacon rashers, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 300g cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup Massel Chicken Style Liquid Stock
- 2 cups dried elbow pasta
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 150g green beans, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra leaves to serve
Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
Rub chicken all over with paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a large 3cm-deep baking tray. Drizzle with oil. Bake for 20 minutes. Add bacon and mushroom around chicken on tray. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until bacon is golden and mushroom has softened.
Transfer chicken to a plate. Add tomato paste, thyme and garlic to mushroom mixture. Stir to combine. Gradually stir in stock, then pasta. Return chicken to tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until pasta is almost tender.
Transfer chicken to a plate. Add sour cream, beans and parsley to mushroom mixture. Stir to combine. Return chicken to tray. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until beans are just tender and chicken is cooked through. Serve sprinkled with extra parsley leaves.
TIP: Precook the pasta to ensure fully cooked through.
Recipe by: Author: Kim Coverdale Image credit: Nigel Lough Publication: Super Food Ideas and Taste.com.au