Not only are these easy carrot, zucchini and ricotta muffins ideal for recess, but they’re also great at busting after-school hunger too.
- 1 cup (160g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg
- 1/2 cup (125ml) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 1/3 cup (80g) ricotta
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole, 1/3-cup (80ml) muffin pan with paper cases.
Place the combined flour, sugar, carrot, zucchini and mixed spice in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
Whisk the egg, oil, buttermilk and ricotta in a jug. Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined (don’t overmix).
Spoon the mixture evenly among paper cases. Bake for 25-30 mins or until a skewer inserted in centres comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
RECIPE BY: Author: Sarah Hobbs Image credit: James Moffatt Publication: Coles and Taste