Cooked in a sandwich press, these quick and easy quesadillas are loaded with black beans, cheese and veggies.
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, finely chopped
- 140g (1 cup) grated butternut pumpkin
- 60g baby spinach, shredded
- 4 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas
- 160g (2 cups) grated cheddar, plus extra to sprinkle
- Bought tomato salsa, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Combine the beans, corn, capsicum, pumpkin, spinach and shallots in a large mixing bowl. Season well.
Preheat a sandwich press. Spray one side of a tortilla with oil and place oil-side down on a chopping board. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheddar, then top with 1/2 cup of vegetable mixture and fold over. Sprinkle the top with a little extra cheddar.
Place the quesadilla in the sandwich press. Close and cook for 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a chopping board and cut into wedges. Repeat with remaining vegetable mixture and cheese to make 7 more quesadillas. Dollop with salsa and sour cream. Sprinkle over coriander sprigs and serve with lemon wedges.