We’ve found the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner. Creamy pillows of potato swirling in a creamy sauce with crisp spring green vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 middle bacon rashers, chopped
- 250g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g fresh potato gnocchi
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1/3 cup light thickened cream for cooking
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 120g baby spinach leaves, plus extra to serve
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add mushroom. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until golden. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Return pan to heat.
Cook gnocchi in boiling water for 2 minutes or until gnocchi float to the surface of water. Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer gnocchi to frying pan. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until gnocchi are golden.
Return bacon mixture to pan with peas and asparagus. Toss to combine. Add cream, parmesan and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted and sauce is heated through. Serve topped with extra spinach and parmesan.
Recipe by: Author: Kim Coverdale Publication: Taste.com.au