How amazing does this Eggplant Rigatoni with Bocconcini look from @Woolworths
- 500g rigatoni
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 2cm chunks
- 4 middle bacon rashers, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 400g can finely chopped tomatoes
- 180g tub bocconcini, drained, torn basil leaves, torn, to serve
Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tbs oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook eggplant for 4 minutes, turning often, or until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Cook bacon, garlic and chilli for 5 minutes or until bacon fat renders into pan and garlic just starts to colour. Return eggplant to pan with tomatoes. Simmer for 3 minutes or until eggplant is tender and sauce thickens.
Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid to pan and toss to combine. Toss through half the bocconcini. Top with remaining bocconcini and extra basil leaves.
TIP: Add some mixed rocket and spinach leaves to any leftovers, and you have a lovely cold pasta salad lunch for the following day.
RECIPE BY: Woolworths